IAT respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from), or when you engage with IAT via other means, and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
3. What personal Information is held
We may collect and process the following data from you:
• Information you consent to provide IAT that is required to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us, or potential contracts that may be in liaison between you and us.
• Information that you consent to provide by filling in forms on our website or submit to us in as part of any direct marketing or sales activities. This includes and is not limited to personal information about you such as your name, telephone contact number, geographical address/location, email address and interests.
• If you contact us by telephone or in writing, we may keep a copy of your correspondence or communication.
• Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access
4. How will we use the information we hold about you?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• Performance of a contract - We use information held about you to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and to notify you about changes to our services.
• Legitimate Interests - We use information held about you to provide you with information, products and/or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you if relevant to the products or services currently being supplied as part of a contract with IAT, or in relation to a previous contract with IAT whereby you are happy to continue to receive such information;
• Consent (Direct Marketing)- We use information held about you to provide you with information on IAT products and/or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. Where consent has been provided to IAT, it is a recognised right of the Data Subject that this consent can also be withdrawn.
• Consent (Website)- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device
Members can select preferences for communication activity (e.g. receiving marketing / update emails, opting in and out of contact by telephone / post etc) via the membership portal on the IAT website.
5. Your rights relating to Personal Data
You have the right to ask us to cease processing your personal data for marketing purposes. We will seek consent (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your data to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised at any time.
From time to time, our website may contain links to and from our strategic partner(s), partner network(s), strategic sponsor(s), advertiser(s) and affiliate(s). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
6. Retention of your information
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any information collected from you is kept secure.
IAT operate a clear Retention policy and associated Retention Schedule to ensure personal data is kept only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which such information is used.
If any of your personal data changes, or if you have any questions about how we use data which relates to you, please contact us by email at email@example.com
. We normally update your personal data within seven (7) working days of any new or updated personal data being provided to us, to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is as accurate and up to date as possible.
7. Sharing and disclosure of your information
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties. Examples include companies who support the delivery of our website, IT system and the company used to send out Asphalt Professional and the IAT Yearbook.
As part of our GDPR compliance obligations, we are duty bound to check when personal data may be shared with third parties to ensure that they apply the same or greater controls in terms of data protection.
• We provide only the information they need to perform their specific activities
• They may only use your data for the purposes we specify in our contract with them
• We check to ensure your privacy is respected and protected at all times
• If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of IAT, our customers or others.
8. Contact us
Any questions relating to Data Privacy with IAT or this Policy should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by writing to the Data Protection Officer at IAT, PO BOX 15690, BATHGATE, EH48 9BT
Updated May 2018